When quarantine hit, I was not in the mood for books that were actually “good” and made me think. Therefore, I decided that I would devote my time instead to some incredibly cringey romance novels that require 0% brain power.
the books I read
the books I’d read again
- The Baller by Vi Keeland – Football player and sports journalist, hate to love, lots of sex, changing the player into a decent man
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata – Tattoo artist with anger issues and timid girl running from her past, hate to love, motorcycle club where everyone is nice?
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata – football player and his assistant, an insane deal, hate to love, grumpy beast of a guy, loveable best (guy) friend
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata – rude male soccer player who is a legend and female soccer player he is now coaching, hate to love, badass female character who’s very good at soccer, not super sex heavy, guy gets jealous a lot
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren – best man and maid of honour, spending vacation together, hate to love, fake marriage
- Hollywood Playboy by Natasha Madison – famous actor and entertainment journalist, hate to love, worldwide media tour spent together
This is my final list of the books I actually see myself re-reading in the future. As you can see I went on a bit of a Mariana Zapata marathon, and I do have to admit that I really do enjoy her books.
The rest are books that were the best of the worst, so don’t expect them to be literary masterpieces if you decide to pick them up.
If you have any recommendations for romance novels that aren’t absolutely horrible, please leave them down below.
The summer is always the time where I like to read romance so I’d love to not waste my time reading absolute trash.